- The candidate must be a member of ALA. If not a RUSA/BRASS member, the recipient must join RUSA/BRASS upon being selected to receive the award.
- The recipient shall have a demonstrated interest in providing business reference services. This may be demonstrated by involvement in special projects, creation of a business website, business-related programming, publications, and related activities.
- The award will be given to a recipient whose conference attendance is not fully funded by their institution.
- Recipient must be willing to participate in BRASS activities at the ALA Conference for which the award has been made and to write a short statement regarding his or her experience at the conference for publication (e.g. RUSA Update) following the event.
To nominate a librarian, download and complete a nomination form, following the submission instructions therein. The nomination form can be found on the RUSA Update Resources page.
To nominate a librarian, please submit the nomination form along with a letter of nomination to the committee chair, Edmund A. Rossman, firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the nominee’s accomplishments in public librarianship and business reference, including but not limited to involvement in special projects; creation of a business web site; outstanding service to the community; and publications.
1) Nominee does not receive funds from his/her library to attend ALA conferences.
2) Nominee receives partial funding from his/her library to attend ALA conferences. (Please elaborate in letter of nomination.)
2017: Erin Cavell, Small Business Librarian at Minneapolis Central Library (M.N.)
2016: Susan Wolf Neilson, librarian, Wake County Public Libraries (N.C.)
2015: Barbara Alvarez, Barrington Area Library (Illinois)
2013: Salvatore DiVincenzo, Middle Country Public Library (N.Y.)
2012: Anne MacDonald
2011: Suzanne J. Kaller
2010: Ed Rossman, Adult Services Librarian, Shaker Heights (Ohio) Public Library
2009: Not presented
2008: Elizabeth Malafi
2007: Rachelle Miller
2006: Not presented
2005: Terry Zarsky
2004: Kay Cormier
2003: Bryce Thornton
2002: Sandra G. Rizzo
2001: Lisa Holbrook
2000: Karen Van Drie