Established in 1992, the HS Genealogy / History Achievement Award, sponsored by ProQuest, presents a citation and $1,500* to a librarian, library or publisher, in recognition of professional achievement in historical or genealogical reference, service, or research librarianship. The recipient shall be selected for exceptional accomplishment in one or more of the following areas: leadership; service; training; reference; or publication of recent, significant print or digital reference works/projects that offer access to genealogical or historical sources. Preference shall be given to members of RUSA.
*Monetary award amounts are subject to change without notice and are contingent upon donor funding supplied at the time the award is presented.
To nominate a deserving member, download and complete the nomination form, and send to the committee chair, Jennifer Daugherty, email@example.com. The nomination form can be found on the RUSA Update Resources page.
Nomination materials should include the following:
1) A completed copy of th nomination form
2) Complete contact information for both the nominee and the nominator
3) Previous work experience (titles and employers)
4) An outline of service to ALA, RUSA and the History Section
5) Service to allied organizations
6) Awards received (if any)
7) Publication credits
8) A narrative outlining why the nominee deserves the award; must go beyond a listing of the nominee’s credentials
9) Any other information relevant to the nominee’s qualifications for this award
Questions may be directed to the committee chair, Jennifer Daugherty, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard E. Turley Jr., former Assistant Church Historian and Recorder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Michele C. McNabb, Genealogy Center, Museum of Danish America
Michael D. Kirley, Los Angeles Public Library
William “Bill” Forsyth, Proquest
Janice Schultz, Midwest Genealogy Center, Mid-Continent Public Library (Mo.)
Jay L. Verkler
Mary K. Mannix, Frederick County Public Libraries, Frederick Maryland