ALA is always looking for ways to enhance your experience as a member and active participant. Our commitment is to provide you with tools that enhance communication, education and the ability to continue to build your online community of like-minded professionals.
As you may already know, ALA Connect is our online space where official ALA groups work together. It’s also ALA’s online community platform where users (aka communities of interest) within the library profession can connect, learn, express and engage on a variety of topics.
The NEW ALA Connect platform is being upgraded to a new and more flexible system that will be powered by Higher Logic. Please be aware that not all the features shown will be available upon initial release but may be offered in future upgrades.
A great new feature is that Divisions and Round Tables will now have their own branded space to communicate, search and collaborate. Some of the other new features will include: a more stable platform, a more uniform system that will be easier for us to maintain, and additions such as badging and ribbons.
What we Know
- Launch date of new ALA Connect has been pushed to March 2018 (tentatively)
- ALA has turned back on the old ALA Connect
- Old ALA Connect will remain on until after the 2018 Midwinter Meeting
- Members should be working in the old ALA Connect until further notice
- Information from the old ALA Connect will be saved and transferred
- In January 2018 online training on new ALA Connect will available for members – more information coming soon
- There will be two live demos and training for the new ALA Connect at Midwinter. Add to your conference scheduler: Saturday, February 10 and Monday, February 12
Thank you for your patience during this time of transition.