- Remote trainings will be available after Midwinter. See more information the training schedule and sign up and details about the ALA Connect upgrade.
What we Know
- Grey out period will be from March 26th, 5pm through April 25. Please use alternate methods of communication for work to be completed during that time.
- New ALA Connect pilot launch of LLAMA is live. Users can visit the pilot launch site at https://betaconnect.ala.org
- Launch date of new ALA Connect has been pushed to April 2018 (tentatively)
- ALA has turned back on the old ALA Connect
- Old ALA Connect will remain on until March 26, 5pm CST
- Members should be working in the old ALA Connect until March 26, 5pm CST
- Information from the old ALA Connect will be saved and transferred
ALA is always looking for ways to enhance your experience as a member and active participant. Our commitment is to provide you with tools that enhance communication, education and the ability to continue to build your online community of like-minded professionals.
As you may already know, ALA Connect is our online space where official ALA groups work together. It’s also ALA’s online community platform where users (aka communities of interest) within the library profession can connect, learn, express and engage on a variety of topics.
The NEW ALA Connect platform is being upgraded to a new and more flexible system that will be powered by Higher Logic. Please be aware that not all the features shown will be available upon initial release but may be offered in future upgrades.
A great new feature is that Divisions and Round Tables will now have their own branded space to communicate, search and collaborate. Some of the other new features will include: a more stable platform, a more uniform system that will be easier for us to maintain, and additions such as badging and ribbons.
Thank you for your patience during this time of transition.