The BRASS Best of the Best Business Web Resources Award was established in 2009. The award recognizes three websites highly relevant to information professionals involved in providing business reference services. The websites are nominated and selected by the BRASS Education Committee members in October-November. The criteria include the quality of content, ease of use, and technical execution.
Ceres is a non-profit organization advocating for sustainability leadership. Their website includes financials and industry reports focused on enabling business leadership in balancing sustainability risks and initiatives. Notable among their resources is the SEC Sustainability Disclosure Search Tool which allows users to screen SEC filings by sustainability issue or topic, company name, and industry group among other filters.
United Nations (UN) Global Compact Library, https://www.unglobalcompact.org/library
Global Compact is a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to take steps to support UN goals. The UNGC Library contains materials issued by the UN Global Compact and key partners to support implementation of the Ten Principles and other relevant issues.
The World Bank: Sustainable Development, http://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/sustainabledevelopment
The World Bank provides financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Their Sustainable Development topic section features research and data to support initiatives in that area in a global context.
- American Factfinder: http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml
- Data.gov: http://www.data.gov
- SEC EDGAR: http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html
- Patent Lens http://www.bios.net/daisy/patentlens/patentlens.html
- Intellectual Property Basics http://www.cfe.umich.edu/intellectual-property/
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office http://www.uspto.gov/