Established in 2018, The annual RUSA STARS Publication Recognition Award Sponsored by Atlas Systems is $1440* and a citation presented to librarians or library staff to highlight and encourage excellence in publication in STARS (Sharing and Transforming Access to Resources Section) areas, including interlibrary loan, document delivery, remote circulation, access services, cooperative reference, cooperative collection-development, remote storage and other shared library services.
*Monetary award amounts are subject to change without notice and are contingent upon donor funding supplied at the time the award is presented.
- Work shows evidence of rigorous and thoughtful inquiry into the topic
- Practical value
- Theoretical value
- Contribution to scholarship
- Relevance of coverage, timeliness, and benefit to the profession
- Quality of writing
- Presentation of style
- Methodology for carrying out proposed work
- Adequate data and documentation to support statements.
To nominate a librarian, complete the nomination form. Self-nominations are permitted. The nomination form can be found on the RUSA Update Resources page.
Questions should be directed to the committee chair.
Submit the following materials with the nomination form:
- A copy of the nominated material or excerpts of the nominated materials as requested by
the Committee – to be supplied in PDF format
- Current CV for the nominee(s)
- Statement explaining the:
- Practical and theoretical value of the publication
- Relevance to the profession and timeliness of coverage
- Methodology used, if relevant