Learn. Network. Grow. With RUSA membership, we put you first.
- Online discussion forums, webinars, eCourses and listservs are just a few ways to learn with RUSA.
- Stay current with weekly communication about what’s happening in RUSA and the profession with Reference and User Services Quarterly (RUSQ), RUSA’s scholarly journal.
- Network with more than 3,000 RUSA members across the nation online and at two annual conferences which include author panels and social events.
- Advance your skills with leadership opportunities in one of our six specialty sections or one or more of our 127 committees – some of the most popular are the Book & Media Awards committees, where you’ll choose the best adult books of the year – the only adult book awards at the American Library Association, the Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction.
- Join any or all of RUSA’s six specialty sections for FREE!
- Business and Reference Services Section (BRASS)
- Collection Development and Evaluation Section (CODES)
- Emerging Technologies Section (ETS)
- History Section (HS)
- Reference Services Section (RSS)
- Sharing and Transforming Resources Section (STARS)
Who can join RUSA?
Any ALA member can join RUSA! RUSA is the place for librarians and support staff working in general reference, collection development, readers’ advisory/services, programming, business research, technology services, historical and genealogical research and services, interlibrary loan, resource sharing, and more!
How do I join the list servs?
As an ALA and RUSA member, you have the option to subscribe to our many list servs, which are used for general announcements, news, job postings, discussions, calls for participation, and more! You can update your listserv subscriptions here: http://lists.ala.org/sympa.
How do I access RUSQ?
With your membership, you get free access to Reference and User Services Quarterly (RUSQ). To access, you must use the password we’ve generated for you. For institutional and non-member subscription information, go here.
Click join now below to be taken to the American Library Association membership page.